Double sided magnets are one of the most effective ways to pick up your metallic finds out of water bodies! They offer more touching spaces, thus more chances to get attracted to potential targets …
… However, choosing a good model is another piece that you should pay attention to!
In fact, in this Post, I breakdown 5 of my favorite double sided magnets that you should consider.
5 Best double sided fishing magnets
1. Neodymium Double Sided Fishing Magnet
This super-strong magnet (Check it Here on Amazon) comes with one of the best coatings available!
This includes a tripe coating of Nickel-Copper-Nickel, which makes it shiny and rust-resistant. It comes with a steel cup that provides extra protection for the magnet and also helps prevent cracking or chipping of the product.
Here are some of its main features:
- It is 75 mm in diameter and 25 mm in thickness. The double-sided pulling force is up to 960 lbs or 436 kilos in total. Each side has a pulling force of 480 pounds or 218 kilos. It is ideal for fishing and retrieving metals in rivers and streams.
- It is perfect for salvaging various iron-containing nickel material underwater and also for magnet fishing, hanging, lifting, and retrieving applications. It can easily help you search items like fasteners, hooks, screws, eyebolt, and other items, even in your garage, yard, or warehouse.
- Comes with a high-strength rope and protective gloves. The rope is 100 feet in length.
- No need to worry about whichever way the magnet is oriented underwater since each of the sides provides a separate pulling force of 480 lbs.
Keep in mind that any magnet can only attract magnetizable materials such as cobalt, iron, nickel, and their alloys.
The double-sided magnet cannot attract any non-ferromagnetic items such as copper, wood, plastics, stainless steel, and aluminum.
2. Uolor Double-Side Round Neodymium Fishing Magnet
This is another powerful double-sided model from Uolor (Check it Here on Amazon) with the following features:
- Powerful neodymium double-sided magnet that has a 2.36 inches diameter and 1.18 inches thickness.
- It is incredibly powerful and can pull up to 660 pounds with just a direct touch and direct pull even under harsh conditions.
- This is a multi-use magnet that is great for magnet fishing, hanging, lifting, retrieving, and treasure hunting applications underwater.
- You can use it to look for lost treasures in lakes, rivers, wells, ponds, canals, or even the sea.
- You can also use it to hold or fix your garage or warehouse items such as screws, hooks, eyebolts, fasteners.
- Comes in handy at any place where you need an incredibly powerful magnet that can be used for multiple things.
- The magnet uses the best Nickel-Copper-Nickel triple layer coating and comes with body stamping machining.
- The steel cup is made with A3 standardized steel plate and supports the round base rare earth neodymium magnet.
- It has a shiny exterior, and its rust-resistant coated steel cup provides the necessary protection for the magnet. This also prevents cracking or chipping.
3. HeyJudy Double Sided Magnet
This model (Check it Here on Amazon) is specially designed for multiple purposes, including even deep-sea salvaging.
Here are some of what it brings to the table:
- Made from high-quality coatings that include a Nickel-Copper-Nickel three-layer coating.
- The magnetic force is permanent, and it has a long service life.
- Rustproof, but do take the necessary care to wipe off any water and dry it completely before storing it.
- Comes with a double lifting ring. This magnet is equipped with two eyebolts – one on the side and one on the front side.
- The lifting ring can be screwed easily, and it is much more flexible than other ordinary magnet operations.
- The product from HeyJudy is available in three types of pulling force, which includes a vertical suction of 80 kgs, 120 kgs, and 150 kg.
- The fishing ring is made from a magnetic component made from the neodymium-iron-boron permanent magnet, and it is contained in a low carbon steel shell.
4. PROKTH Magnet
This powerful magnet from PROKTH (Check it Here on Amazon) is capable of pulling nearly 600 pounds in weight.
Below the features to keep in mind:
- This uniquely structured magnet comes with two eyebolt rings and countersunk holes that have been specially designed in the middle and side of the magnet.
- Comes with a double-sided magnetic force and has a diameter of 2.36 inches.
- Has a maximum pulling force of up to 600 pounds.
- Could be widely used in many applications, including magnet fishing, lifting, hanging, retrieving applications, and even for industrial use.
- The magnetic force of this model could last for a long time
- It also has an A3 steel plate.
- The product is manufacture red under the ISO 9001 Quality System.
What advantages do double sided fishing magnets have over one sided?
There is often this debate on what’s the best magnet type to use, double sided vs single sided!
The most significant advantage of using double sided models is that the eyebolt can be mounted on either the side or the top.
Additionally, when you mount the eyebolt on top, this magnet also allows a person to fish in faster-moving water as well as steeper underwater inclines.
When you mount the eyebolt on the side, it allows you to drag the bottom of a water body more efficiently.
Also, double sided models will allow you to pick up more finds. Indeed, they offer more touching surface …
… They are also available in five different pulling strengths. These typically include:
- 550 lbs
- 800 lbs
- 1200 lbs
- 2000 lbs
- 2600 lbs
- 3600 lbs
Final Thoughts …
Hope this very short post has given you an idea on the best magnet to use! I really wanted to provide several data points to help you make your choice properly …
… The most important thing is to go out there and start your journey! I am sure you will end up picking some nice finds.
Finally, I highly invite you to check this Magnet Fishing Gear and Accessories! They include everything you will ever need with all the details you should know.