Metal Detection technologies has dramatically evolved over time! Indeed, today’s metal detectors are much more powerful than even those of the last couple of years …
… Actually, if you are looking for the newest and most recent metal detectors in the market, then this article will definitely be a helpful resource!
Below, I include 3 models that were recently released by some major Brands (Garrett Electronics, Minelab and NoktaDetectors)
Nokta Makro Simplex+
For the price range this machine is sold for, the Nokta Makro Simplex+ (Check it Here on Amazon) is definitely my favourite model hands down!
This newly launched metal detector offers extreme depth and high-end features at a very reasonable price.
It is very adapted for beginners, yet there are no reasons why pro users won’t use it!
Indeed, it is very easy to use as well as it offers some advanced features that pros will need like manual and automatic ground balance (Very important feature if you are dealing with conductive soil).
The machine is lightweight and comes with a modern design which makes using it very convenient!
Below some of its main features:
- Fully submersible up to 10 feet (helpful in shallow and soft underwater detection)
- Singular Iron tone to detect trash and be able to ignore it.
- Discrimination based on target IDs of associated to unwanted items
- Comes up with a built-in wireless module
- In addition to the tones, the detector can vibrate or/and emit light after the detection of the target (Very helpful while using it underwater)
- The shaft of the detector retracts up to 63 cm (Really easy for transportation and storage)
- You can make the machine more powerful why updating the metal detector software for free once a new version is available
|True Lightweight||At extreme depth the machine loose some of it sensitivity|
|Possibility to Update the Software|
|Easy to use|
|Very good value for money|
Garrett Ace Apex
This is the newest addition from the Garrett House (Check it Here on Amazon)!
I personally like its design (very modern) and also the screen it comes with, which is bigger than most of the available machines in the market today.
Garrett has chosen to release this model for 2 main reasons:
- To mark a change from the old designs (AT series, Ace series) which are quite old school.
- Offer the multi-frequency technology (They market it as multi-flex) at a low price than most competitors (especially Minelab and XP) – Well Good move Garrett!
Below I include Garrett Apex features you should learn about:
- I’ve said it already; the machine comes with multi-frequency technology. those ranges from 5kHz to 20kHz. If you are not familiar with this technical jargon, then this simply means the possibility of a machine to operate at several frequencies at the same time instead of just one. This definitely adds more power to the machine.
- You can set the discrimination based on target id (helpful in trashy environment)
- You’ve got 8 iron volume adjustments. This reinforces the discrimination capability of the machine. Personally, I wouldn’t use such a feature a lot, yet some pros love this kind of flexibility.
- The rechargeable, in-built lithium battery offers up to 15 hours of usage. I Like that!
- Ace apex offers a quick response. You won’t notice any lag !
- The wireless headphone Z-Lynk technology is one of the other best features of Garrett Ace Apex. This one generally comes in some expensive machines like the Garret AT Max! So, you get it here for quite less.
|Personally like the design||The machine is not fully waterproof|
|6 detection modes||Don’t feel that it’s robust|
|Fast recovery speed|
|5 distinct tones for targets|
Minelab Vanquish 540
Minelab has been the industry leader for more than 35 years, and believe me, any model from this Firm is usually highly Reliable!
Here I am going to talk about the Vanquish series which were just released in the couple last months!
These series include The Vanquish 340, 440 and 540 (Check this in-depth Review)!
But here I am only going to address the Vanquish 540 (Check it Here on Amazon) model since it includes all the features of the other ones.
The 540 is the little brother for the Equinox series as they offer the Multi-IQ technology (AKA ability to operate of multiple frequencies at the same time)!
The best feature of the Vanquish 540 is that it has solid capabilities to detect gold easily even in highly conductive soil! This is due to its ability to operate at quite high frequencies.
Below some features that you should know:
- Multi-IQ Technology (adds more power to the machine especially in shallow salt water)
- Pinpoint mode is available to easily extract you find.
- 25 discrimination segments to easily adjust in case you are dealing with a damn trashy ground! (Hate trashy ground btw lol)
- The target ID included in the metal detector is big enough and easily readable!
- Pretty lightweight, and it weighs just 2.9 pounds.
- The standard waterproof Double-D search coil makes it one of the best models of metal detector.
- The search box is waterproof, but the control box is only water-resistant. Thus, it should not be submerged completely inside the water.
- The vanquish 540 model is also available with Bluetooth connectivity and wireless headphones that can also be used with an external speaker.
- The company offers a 3-year warranty on the product
|25 discrimination segments||None-waterproof control box! (Why Minelab, Whyyy!)|
|Operate in mineralized soil just fine!|
Final Thoughts …
If you want my opinion, the model that has resonated with me the most is the Nokta Makro Simplex+! I believe it come with better and more useful features and for the price it is sold for, I would recommend it all day, everyday …
… Finally, if you are aware of any new metal detector that was just release, please let know by shooting me an email, so I can include it in this article.